How much water can I catch in a storm?
- For every cm of rain that falls on a square meter of roof can be captured ten liters of rainwater. For example, if a roof has an area of four square meters, you can capture forty liters of rainwater.
Can I give rain water to my pets?
- No. In order for rainwater to be consumed, it must be purified.
Can the barrel of rainwater attract mosquitoes?
- Mosquitoes look for stagnant water to reproduce, but with a few simple steps you can secure rainwater. It is necessary to keep the barrel lid closed and to properly position the drain plug after every rain event.
How do you clean a barrel of rainwater?
- It is recommended to wash the barrel with tap water twice a year. At the beginning and end of the rainy season. If the barrel becomes too dirty, it will be necessary to wash with biodegradable soap and two tablespoons of vinegar and then rinse.
Can the heat damage the barrel?
- The barrels are made of a material very resistant to sun and water (lastormwater).